OneLink API has the following traits and limitations:
Must be made over https.
- API rate limit: The rate limit of creating OneLink attribution links via API is 7.5 million per month (UTC timezone), per account.
- All requests that are made after exceeding 7.5 million aren't served, and the links aren't created; the API call receives error status code 429 with the message "throttling limit exceeded".
- Information regarding how much of the rate limit is used/remains is not currently available.
Custom links visibility
- Links created via the API do not appear in the list of OneLink custom links in the AppsFlyer dashboard.
- There is no API that lists all OneLinks created with the API.
- Best practice: Save API-created links to a local table, so you can access the links for any future
- Each OneLink attribution link created by the API has a default Time to Live (TTL) of 31 days. After 31 days this attribution link record is removed from our systems. Clicking on such a link once the TTL expires still defaults to the behavior defined in OneLink base configuration, but the attribution will not work.
- Maximum TTL is 31 days. Any TTL value larger than 31 is overridden with the default TTL of 31.
- TTL value can be specified in days (default), minutes or hours (for example, 10m, 20h, 14d). You can send an update request to specify the TTL. Any update request resets the TTL to the one specified in the request body. This means the TTL is replaced. For example, if you make an update call with TTL 2d for a link that currently has TTL 29d, it will change to TTL=2d (not 31d).
- An update call can potentially extend the life of the attribution link. For example, f you make an update call with TTL 31d for a link that currently has TTL 20d but 5 days have passed, the TTL will be 31d from the time of the update.
- It's not possible to get the TTL when calling get OneLink.
- The following characters must be encoded if used for API created links: ;, *, !, @, #, ?, $, ^, :, &, ~, `, =, +, ’, >, <, /
- If you don't encode these characters, they are replaced with a blank space.
It's not possible to choose or set the shortlink ID when creating a OneLink.